Monday, July 11, 2011

Now that I've had some rest and I know where I am, I'll continue writing. So Saturday we tool the train into London's Paddington Station. It's an impressive building with super-tall ceilings with what looks like wrought iron ornamentation. Very intricate stuff. We knew where the hotel was located, but had know idea how to get there. Thankfully, we hopped in a cab, because we would have gotten lost, dragging our suitcases down the sidewalk. Our hotel was in Central London, across the street from Hyde Park. Amazing. London has to be the most international city I've ever been to. In any direction there was a different type of cuisine. We did a bit of walking around, but unfortunately most of the shops were closed since it was late-ish on a Saturday. But still, the streets were packed. We stopped for some snacks at a French-Lebonese restaurant, which was pretty good. I had no idea they speak French there. From there, we walked back to the hotel to get a sweater and headed to dinner. We ended up at the best Indian restaurant I've ever been to. The food was all French inspired as well. Of course, I had to try the filleted duck breast in a red curry sauce. It had a fancy French name which I could pronounce, but can't remember. Wow, was it good. So that was London. Check back for more on other cities as we make our tour of Europe this week.
Sent from my BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment