Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Another week, another trip

By the end of this week, I'll have flown about 27,000 miles since January 1st this year.  It's a pace that can be tiring, but at the same time I get to see a lit of cool places.  This week started by heading to the sunny state of California, where I spent a couple days at Specialized, getting their pro triathletes riding on PowerTaps.  I also had some time to chat with them about why they should train with power and how to use the fancy yet not so complicated Joule computers.  Usually when you talk to pro athletes about product, their eyes kind of glaze over and they don't usually ask many questions.  This time, we actually had a pretty good conversation.  Training with power is key and triathletes really need to embrace it, so I'm glad they asked questions.  After all, they're training for three disciplines at once, not just riding their bike around a business park or empty country road.  Plus, when age groupers see the pros training and racing with power, they'll want to pick it up too.  

So after a couple days in Morgan Hill, I headed to the metro Dallas area to do some clinics to do some product clinics for the staff at Richardson Bike Mart.  They start tomorrow and then I head back on Friday afternoon.  Now I'm going to watch a show about shark attacks.  


No comments:

Post a Comment