Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 6


It's Sunday. I know this for sure, because tomorrow I leave the Tour. Just like that, my Tour is over. Hopefully there'll be another one though. Breakfast didn't look too appetizing this morning, so I skipped it in favor of some local coffee at the start village. I keep learning and go to the start first thing in the morning. I get a prime parking spot about .5km from the team parking. Since it's my last day and I have 2.5 hours before the team shows up, I take the opportunity to walk around and enjoy the festivities that surround the start. I was able to get a coffee or two, and even watch the caravan. That's the parade that goes in front of the peloton, with all of the sponsors. They have people dancing to dance music on them all the time, and throw swag to the people that line the streets. Kind of funny, actually. The picture above is of the Vittell float. They spray the crowds with water. The teams are behind the caravan, so now it's time to get to work. Like yesterday, the mechanics do their thing, I do mine, the riders go to sign in, and just like that my Tour has ended. Eight stages is a long time to follow the Tour on a daily basis and it'll be nice to arrive back home. But still, from someone who's been able to turn a hobby into a career, it's sad to leave. As I continue to travel, I promise to keep writing. Thanks for following.

2 comments:

  1. And I suspect you only wrote about 1% of the good experiences. Wow!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing Geoff! Excellent work :)

    ReplyDelete